Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Back at it

2,276 Hands

So I got kind of a rude welcome back from the online poker world. Pretty rough hands last night, I'd better get used to that again.

Anyway, the date is set for Las Vegas. I signed a lease on my apartment for September 20th! This is a little later than I had expected but it gives me an extra month to get things settled in poker and put away some more money. I'm very excited. The place is about 5 minutes from the strip, which will be extra convenient for all the visitors I'll be getting.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1299911 Bad check? Bad fold?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1299913 Yucky. Bad check call?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1299918 This one rattled me.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1299921 ?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1299924 Any ideas on a better line?



Yesterday's Net -$192
Total Goal Left $5,126

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hand 1 - If you want to check turns like this I don't think it's the worst thing in the world but you can rarely fold after checking. Most of the time I would lead the turn though, consider yourself all-in with the stack sizes, this line you prevent missing any value. Remember, you only have to be right 1/3 of the time to call here if you do check the turn.

Hand 2 - Why would you check this river ? What are you hoping to induce or get him to bet for value ? A good deal of combos you're ahead of will raise the river which would be great.

Hand 5 - I would suggest min raising many blank turns and calling most scary turns.

Jamie said...

On hand 2 I was afraid of his exact hand. I was hoping he wouldn't shove there.

Hand 5 min 3 bet the turn there?

Anonymous said...

Hand 2 - I understand you're afraid of it but if you're planning on check/calling his bet of $136 ($170 left in his stack), may as well lead and get more value out of hands he may call with but won't bet with if checked to. AJ might be a good example of that. What if one time in 12 you get a crying call from KJ ? There are more combos you are ahead of than behind. I would only want to check here if there's a great chance the situation will give me a chance to check/fold or to induce. If his stack was any bigger I would lean more and more towards check/calling but it's just short enough to pull the trigger.

Hand 5 - Raising small (to $55) on the turn IF a blank comes or possibly a card like a king will allow you to control the pot (both the size of it and maybe even opt for a free showdown in some cases), you will gain value from combo/pair hands that may be drawing, and it keeps your decisions easy. You can safely fold if he 3 bets instead of having to call a bet on the river. If you're planning on calling most river bets after just calling turn, than this line is a better alternative. It's mostly a limit concept that applies well to this particular hand.

Hope this helps.

Jamie said...

Hand 5 he claimed QQ, was kinda bummed. Thanks for the help. Both hand explanations make sense.