Monday, April 30, 2007

25% Goal Completed

That's right bitches, after about 6 1/2 weeks I'm past the 25% completion mark. I feel pretty good about this also. Although I'm about $1500 off of pace, I have nothing to complain about. My 75% win percentage and an hourly rate getting back into the +$50 mode, I have to feel good about my chances of completing this goal.

I graduate college in a couple weeks and I'm moving back to NY which might make it hard to play a ton for the month of May. I will be moving back and forth from Boston to NY bringing stuff home and saying goodbye to friends. I'm not very concerned about it though. I've got plenty of time to tackle the next $15k+.

The month ends tomorrow, and while I started out great as far as playing more hours, after a 1 week hiatus it looks as though I'll fall short. This is deceiving though. I actually have played more hands in less time than I did last month. Poker is about hands, NOT hours. We'll see what the calculations are tomorrow.


http://www.pokerhand.org/?1048722 Standard 2 pair ditch 9 handed.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1048724 So this is a hand actually worth talking about. I decide not to reraise the button after he min raises. I've been playing extremely tight 9 handed, and really taking the post flop route to MUCH success. My numbers are almost embarrassingly tight at about 16.5/7.5 after 5,500 hands. ANYWAY, I decide to check the flop with the big draw, and go for a check raise. The button puts another suspicious min bet and I want to see where I'm at. He then reraises me. So here is my problem. I have a huge draw here, but based on the timing, and the info hes given me, I realize I have NO fold equity, or close to it. I'm not a big fan of the 12 out shove race here. If I felt there was any chance of him folding, re raising is a clear choice. Now the turn comes and I check fold. I know this is ultra passive, but the players on this site are so bad that I feel it's unnecessary to invest large amounts of money in race situations preflop or on the flop. HAD THIS BEEN FULL TILT, I would have been all in on the flop. Whats the best line here other than raising the flop again?

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1048730 Can't win em all. O well, this guy was ultra suck-tastic too. Shitty part was I know exactly what he has and I clearly have to get it in here. He had just open shoved with 23s so no way I'm folding.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1048731 Another awful player that I took to valuetown. He has AJo here just fyi, even though it doesn't show it in the HH.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1048735 I spent a bit of time with Keith going over this hand. I'm ahead of his range on the turn (58%) after running it through pokerstove. Based on table dynamic and his timing and his lack of involvement in any pot, I really felt like I was behind once the turn hit. This was really close for me but my gut said fold. Most importantly I thought he would be bluffing here MAX 20% of the time. He ended up with T6s for a full house which again isn't shown here. But how would you play this TPTK in a limped pot 9 handed?

Today and Yesterday's Net +$488
Total Goal Left $14,915

No comments: