Friday, March 30, 2007

4th loss in march

Well, I took my 4th loss in march, and I guess it's really not that bad. This was my 1st considerable loss all month besides for the -7.5 buy in atrocity on the 1st of the month. I looked over my pokertracker and really only found a couple marginal plays. It felt good to go over my session with Keith and realize that I didn't donk off my whole session. I think I'll make two goals for the rest of the week. One, to play as good as I did yesterday every day this week. Two, to try and get to +$200 by the end of the week. Pretty modest goal, but to be quite honest, the only think you can really control as a poker player is how you play. The results just kind of work themselves out. Still, I'd like to pull together another +$700 before the end of the week and get me in the green for this week.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?951244 WTF these assclowns wont fold! ABSOLUTELY CANNOT check this turn. Go me for this one.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?951216 I made $50 net in only 2 hands all session! Things mostly looked like this.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?951221 And like this.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?951226 This is an interesting hand actually. I went with a more passive route, but my thought process was this. On the flop I wanted to check call and risk a 4 flush on the turn, and create some pot control. I mean, 20% that a heart will come here and I wanted to get a feel for the turn. Then I made a read for no heart which was right, but he had a straight. Heh, woops. Flop raise is more standard here, and I'm gunna cut back just a little bit on the value calls on the flop. I think that will help.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?951249 Here is another case where the standard flop line is going to help me out. It's pretty close between A. flop raise, B. Call flop and Turn raise, or C. Check call flop and turn. Just another slight adjustment on the flop. Gunna trim out a little more value calls and get more info on the flop for cheaper. I'm clearly toast in this hand however.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?951253 I gave this guys flop lead out like ZERO credit. So how do we get this loser to fold? I have exactly 0% fold equity on flop. So I went for a slightly smaller raise on the flop, and then the turn take down. Arguments for a flop call and turn bet are understood, my main argument is that if I smooth call the flop, he may lead the turn again with his draw or small pair. And if he does bet the turn, now my raise is more expensive. Agree?


Today's Net -$520
Total Goal Left $17,857

5 comments:

Asgrow13 said...

Jamie,
Sessions like this can be really frustrating, but I'm glad to see you aren't letting it shake you. Just keep playing your game man.

Hand 1 - So maybe I overuse the "check to induce a bluff" play, but I think I'm check/calling this river a lot. I definitely agree that you have to bet the turn, but it seems to me if you check the river you give JT, A9hh type hands the chance to take a stab at the pot. What calls this river bet that you're beating? I guess QJ is a possibility, but most people can probably get away by the 3rd barrel. Thoughts?
-Andrew

Jamie said...

In this hand the river bet allows me to be sure of my decision. By betting I'm really just controlling the price of the river. I do not think i can withstand a river pot bet here, and by betting 50$, I think I cripple a lot of bluffing opportunities. Also, my river bet may get some reasonable valye from a hand ilke AQ, AhXh, or ever some other queens with missed draws. I can easily fold to a raise here, but with the size of the pot and the strength of my hand, i dont want to be check calling for value. I induce less on the river as my hand strength goes down. That was my thought process during the hand. And hey, maybe KJ folds! heh Hope that analysis made sense.

Thanks for the feedback!

Keith said...

Hi J, four losses in march for me as well, we're good.

85% march daily winrate

Jamie said...

That's we are so baller.

Jamie said...

Insert "cause" up there