Thursday, March 29, 2007

I'll take it / End Week 2

Lots of swings today, but a fine result. Again it felt like monster vs. monster in every pot on full tilt, but I'm working on getting the action when I want it. I'm going to see about loosening my 3 betting requirements with trash, I'll have to see how everyone reacts though. Although there is far less fold equity at these limits, I find that FT plays super tight aggro preflop. If I can sneak in some more 3 and 4 betting before the flop, I might be able to instigate some action with my premiums.

Lets see.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947331 My buddy was watching for this one. I didn't want to fuck up the gangster call. lol

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947307 This one stung a little bit. Cooler I suppose but what can ya do.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947310 This hand is interesting in that I go from feeling super strong on the flop, to almost certainty that my opp is huge. I went over this one with a friend and it appears that the line I took was a good one. I felt I had almost zero fold equity on the flop, so no sense shoving. Then the turn is an easy fold.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947314 A set of 4's may look like the nuts, but I really had a tough time with this hand. I don't think I have the best hand more than 65% of the time here. Just the feel of the hand, and the way it played. I was very excited to win this one.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947318 The game gets way easy when you flop the nuts, but I swear this is the only way to get action on this site. Flop something deceiving.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947321 This opp was super aggro, and I was really disappointed to see his hand. O well.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947325 I took a very different line here with AA. I put my opp on air when the turn hit. So check away, then got a little present on the river.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947333 Hands like these are the difference between where I'm at with the game now, and where I was 6 months ago. Another hand I reviewed with my friend. It's good when someone you trust agrees with you on a hand like this.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?947328 Just plain brutal hehe.

So I won a bunch of big pots, and lost a bunch, but all in all not a bad outcome for 900+ hands. I'll take 10.5bb/100 EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Today's Total +$190
Total Goal Left $17,337
Week 2 Total +$1,555

4 comments:

Keith said...

hey man, glad to see you're building nicely. I have a couple questions about today's hands :

Hand 4 - I know higher sets and straights are possible on the turn but even at 65% confidence I think I would be 3 bet shoving this turn to make a draw pay full price. A serious argument can be made IF the overcaller will the turn raise very light ie: QTo. Otherwise wouldn't you hate to just call the turn then the river goes check check and the turn raiser shows a diamond draw or diamond draw with a pair ? I believe going for more value on the turn is vital here as any diamond, 8 or even T makes for an unpleasant river. If the board is much scarier and you're planning on a possible river fold then maybe I'd like the turn call more.

Hand 7 - Dig it. I think a river raise is imporant with this line though. He's going to be leading the river lighter than normal so take full advantage of your chosen line. All you are worried about is a backdoor flush (opp needs to have flopped a pair with this), a set or QK. He may even call your river raise VERY light (ie: QT) because of your line.

ThePhenom919 said...

I really like this blog w/ all the hands and all...keep it up, I'll add ur blog to my links eventually..

Jamie said...

Keith,
You are absolutely right with hand 4. I guess I was so caught up in what could be a made hand that I let like 100 draws try and get there for free on the turn. Maybe I was in "PAIR THE FUCKING BOARD" mode, but as we know that could have been disaster. I also agree that the board isn't THAT scary enough to just call and c/fold the river.
Hand 7 is also a good spot to value. I suppose I should have a more limit HE mindset at the river. Raise for value and not worry so much about a 3 bet. Folding to a 3 bet here would likely be cake.

Jamie said...

Phenom,
Thanks man! I like checking your shit out cause you seem to get as emotional as I do with poker still. Also, I coudln't handle keeping up with the stress in the HU world so checking out your results really interests me. I'm back to dabbling with HU cash but it will be a while before I can get into that any heavier. Thanks for the support.