Friday, March 16, 2007

Less than Bad,

Today went pretty slow and got a little frustrating. I ended up the 1,063 hand session at -$184, which is more than reasonable. I 4 tabled on full tilt so it only took me about 3 hours to get in the 1k hands. I really want to push more and more hands per day in order to see better results. For now I will be ok with 1k hands but 1500 should be my goal soon.

I had tons of pocket pairs today that didn't pan out. Not many sets, and the sets didn't pay off. The good thing was that i didn't lose any big pots, and not one all in. I ran at about 19% VP$iP and 12% Pfr. I'm ok with those numbers at full tilt getting less than average cards, although I really want to close the gap between pots im in and pots im raising to about a 4% differential. The problem is that the way full tilt plays, I think a tighter strategy preflop can really be profitable. Those bozos are going crazy on any flop. So much for the aggro city days. I must admit running 29vpip 21pfr on bodog was much more fun.

Here are some hands.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?911212 This is the only big pot I won today so I'll start here. This guy is trying to represent an 8 and he does a terrible job at it. He leads double pot on the flop which just doesn't make his hand credible. I'm willing to go broke on this hand on the flop so I just call and let him dig himself deep on the turn. C-YAH

http://www.pokerhand.org/?911224 Most of the hands however went like this today. I flop a strong hand, but as soon as he min raises I'm in check down mode. I'm certainly willing to call the turn here, but I was ready to give up on the river unless anything changed. The change WAS NOT the 4 straight. No reason to be worried about a 7, so I really wasn't concerned. His bet was good though. He thought and slowly bet 80. That left him with some money behind. I thought for sure that if he had a flush he would just shove all in. His stack was less than the size of the pot, and at that point I was thinking, if he shoves I fold, if he bets 2/3 I call. NH

http://www.pokerhand.org/?911233 Multiply this situation by 60 today. I had 66 pocket pairs today. Most hands ended like this.

Anyway, I did get rakeback from full tilt so my numbers are adjusted to my current bankroll.

Today's Net -$184
Total Goal Left $19,925


No comments: