Tuesday, March 27, 2007

My Friend Andrew


Yesterday my friend made a nice little score in a MTT. We've been talking poker a lot lately, so pretty late last night I decided to sit in 3 of his $25 max tables. I won't reveal his last name on the internet cause that's pretty rude, but his name is Andrew. Now anyone who knows him, will know exactly who I'm talking about. There is one hand I wanted to talk about that we got involved with, and I felt like sharing it.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?942359 This is a typical blind battle, and there is just no way I can fold the 67o monster. Andrew had position on every table, so he trys to get me off my hand with the three bet. This we know is impossible, I was playing at about 45%vpip 35% pfr. I do my standard pwnage on the flop and turn. I give much kudos to him for the triple barrel, but he soon figures out exactly how outmatched he is. Comfycouch with the gangsta call in the blinds. Ship city.

I made about 2 buy ins at the table, having a ton of fun the whole time. Poker tracker missed a couple hands so the net is a little off, but the rest of the numbers are pretty on.

Thanks Andrew!

2 comments:

Asgrow13 said...

Haha, thanks for the shoutout. Dunno how much of a "gangsta call" the 67o hand was, since 2nd pair against me in 25 NL is basically the nuts, but still... gotta admit I got pwned that hand. Just so all those readers out there don't get the wrong idea, I feel the need to share one other hand:

Dealt to Asgrow13 [Ac Kh]
ComfyCouches raises to $0.85
Asgrow13 raises to $2.90
TheMangMang folds
StR8ThUg folds
pokermugs folds
coffmeister folds
ComfyCouches calls $2.05
*** FLOP *** [8h 9s 9c]
ComfyCouches checks
Asgrow13 checks
*** TURN *** [8h 9s 9c] [8d]
ComfyCouches checks
Asgrow13 checks
*** RIVER *** [8h 9s 9c 8d] [8c]
ComfyCouches bets $12.50
Asgrow13 raises to $43.65, and is all in
ComfyCouches folds
Uncalled bet of $31.15 returned to Asgrow13
Asgrow13 mucks
Asgrow13 wins the pot ($29.60)
ComfyCouches adds $10

Seriously though, its awesome to see how much you've improved at poker. Keep up the good work and I'm sure you'll be at your $20k goal in no time.

Jamie said...

I clearly folded quads here. I really just felt bad about sitting in your game and pwning you.
Haha I can't believe you have this HH.
Anyway, thanks for the support buddy.