Thursday, March 22, 2007

Swing City

OK, before you look at my daily totals, I want to make it clear that I'm not at all satisfied with how today went. I know I shouldn't complain when I win, but hear me out ok?

Full Tilt played ridiculously hard today. Maybe i was just in bad situations over and over again, but I really felt the 30% preflop bullshit that's been going on. I mean, this isn't 10/20 NL. There were tables with 25% pf and that's just ludicrous.

I was in tough spot after tough spot, and players were reading me for weakness. That's probably because I really didn't connect with many flops. Also, it seemed like the times I made the optimal play, I ended up taking a cooler. I know I know, don't be results based. But to tell you the truth, my opponents were good today. Well...

The spectrum of players on FT range from SUPER BAD to Internet low stakes pro. The problem is that 95% of these players are at the complete one side of this spectrum. So half the the players are making donk moves, and half are making the same moves practically under different circumstances, making them profitable plays. It was hard to figure out who was who.

I'm willing to pay $1,000 a month in order to get this internet thing cleared up, and get internet poker back to what it used to be. Anyone who thinks this is -Ev click here. http://www.ci.new-hope.mn.us/images/garage-sale-sign-wrong.jpg

The Hands

http://www.pokerhand.org/?929904 I guess I forgot to go broke here. The big thing was the all in player. No use for my opp to be on a total bluff when he has to go to showdown anyway. PAIR THE BOARD ONE TIME!!!!!

http://www.pokerhand.org/?929909 My betting amounts in this hand are a little different than my normal. I don't care, this guy was a super fish, and I thought I could get max value this way. FUCK YOU MIN RERAISE.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?929910 Pretty standard here. Guy called cause he said he thought my "overbet" was a bluff. Email me when anyone can find this so called "huge overbet."

http://www.pokerhand.org/?929914 Here is a case where my opponent floats me on TWO barrels and then overbets the river. WTF, I don't have this play in my arsenal. His story doesn't make sense here, and I make the call. Too bad for him I pay everyone off. WHOOPS, SHIP IT! (more on AA smooth call later)

http://www.pokerhand.org/?929917 I knew exactly what this guy was doing. The only problem was, I wasn't EXACTLY sure how strong he was. Note that my small raise to $12 is with the intention of folding to a big raise. Shitty for me his raise is not close to big enough. Props to me for the check call on the end. NICE VALUE BUDDY. (not)

http://www.pokerhand.org/?929924 Before you give me any crap about my smooth call with AA save it. This is how you play AA in this situation on FTP. This guy 3 bet pretty damn quick and I put him on AK AT WORST. This seems to be the optimal way to play this hand on full tilt. As you saw before in the other hand I posted with AA. Smooth calling can make decisions hard. But you know what? This guy WILL fold JJ to my 4 bet preflop. Full Tilt just works that way. And if that schmuck doesn't wake up with a miracle hand on the flop, I get to stack MR. JJ. I wanted this pot badly. I was extremely pleased with my grasp of the situation during the hand. I was obviously bummed as hell with the result.

The Numbers

Today's Net +$389 (I know I complain too much, I just wanted that $1k day today.)
Total Goal Left $18,503

1 comment:

Keith said...

Glad to see you're keeping up with the blog.

I was talking with a friend today and mentioned your blog and the consistant posting. He said 'that won't last' referring to the consistant posting. Everytime i've started a blog I keep up with it for a few weeks then find another project to start and not finish. I was about to make another post in my blog earlier but lost the hand histories I had been saving to write about. What else is new ? Also, I added your link to my page.

Make another video, I enjoyed the first.

Hand #2 - Calling 3 bets against short stacks can get tough. Just be aware you will get yourself in some funky spots on the flop where you will really have to play for stacks on minimal information.

Hand #6 - It's a shame you didn't have the button on the flop. Although with this particular flop texture I would still make many overcalls expecting to have about 50% equity at best.

Hope to see you out here in a few months, it's a beautiful time of the year here.