Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Jail and The Taj

So of course I ran super bad today on the road. I get pulled over going 64 in a 55 (wtf) on my way to Atlantic City. Obviously my friend whose car I'm driving is polishing off his blunt, and we totally get busted for it. Nothing too terrible, just the run of the mill shake down. The worst is that I had to sit on the rail of the AC expressway without my jacket on. I was freezing. Kind of a bummer that we got pulled over for being 2 dudes in one of those Honda Elements.

So after my buddy got arrested for pot possession, and I got off with a lame speeding ticket, I had to follow the cops back to the station. Do you know how hard it is to go 100 MPH in a Honda Element? I got a ticket for going 64 in a 55, but the cops wanted me to follow them back to the station going 100 friggin miles an hour. So I'm hauling ass, and I can't find the ez pass, so I just blow through the tolls (obv.) I just don't want to lose the cop car and not be able to find my friend when he's done being "processed." So 45 minutes later, we are back on track with a summons and a traffic ticket, and we arrive at the Taj 90 minutes behind.

My session was great. I pretty much pwned the entire table for 4 hours. I really haven't felt that in control of a poker game since I was running a 2 table tournament in my dorm rooms a couple years ago. I played well, and I felt comfortable interacting with everyone at the table. Heck, I even got two email addresses from two of the kids I felt were competent at the table. One said he owned some sort of online poker tournament site, but you never know. It felt good that I not only played well and turned a profit, but I was able to network (not easy for jamie to do.)

I'll fix the colors tomorrow. My mac doesn't let me.

Todays Profit +$215
Total Goal Left $18,789 (going pretty fast, but I havn't had a losing session in a little while. But even still, doing this by August should be cake.)

No comments: