Monday, May 21, 2007

Limit Holdem

1,363 Hands

Keith convinced me to play some short handed 2/4 limit he with him today. It was fun, and I ran 49/38 and made some pretty insane plays. I showed down 48o and 25o for winners early on, and also lost some pots with ridiculous lines like here. http://www.pokerhand.org/?1116966 In that hand, I actually chose my line preflop (lol) and just went with it. But because of my image, and the softness of the table, I was able to school people with lines like this. http://www.pokerhand.org/?1116969
I ended up beating the game for 20bb in about 120 hands, and I had a really good time. I can't say the same for my NLHE today.

The last two days I just couldn't get much going. I'd win one big pot, then not win a hand for an hour. Then suck out huge, but get sucked out on huge right after. I'm breaking even, and as far as I'm concerned, breaking even while running not-so-great is ok in my book. Here is a hand that stumped me today

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1116976 I checked the turn here, and even looking back on it, I'm not that upset with it. I wanted to react to his hand. And his bet screamed to me like he started with an ultra strong hand, but was now worried about the double flush draws and straight draws. He actually showed down AcTc, but his bet on the turn really fooled me. I could have lead the turn, and likely checked the river. There are about 30 scare cards that can come on the river. O well. I'll be looking at this hand several times before tomorrow's session.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1116978 This hand was cool. He leads for over pot here, and with $70 left behind him, I was not fooled at all. I raised in EP and it's obvious to him that I likely have a big ace. He showed 444. I rule.

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1116982 Here I make a not so standard flop check, but I've been doing it more often head up in position, ESPECIALLY on Full Tilt. It's a great way to squeeze some value out. I put myself in a tough spot by showing weakness to start but I ended up making the correct decision. The guy showed 333. People seemed to be showing me a lot of hands today. I appreciate it, as it bodes well for my confidence.

In other news, my sleeping schedule has completely changed. I no longer wake up tired. Ever since graduation, I've been sleeping between 8 and 9 hours a night and waking up refreshed. This may seem normal, but to me it isn't. If I went to sleep at 1, and had a class at 2pm the next day, I would struggle to get out of bed by 1pm. It's crazy how stress can affect my sleeping pattern. I've woken up before 11:30AM every morning for the last 9 days. I haven't done this since freshman year of high school, where I had no choice.

I want to talk about variance and baseball, but I'll save that for tomorrow.

Today's Net -$39 (lame huh?)
Total Goal Left $12,366

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hey dude..

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1116976 - Assuming this is an unknown full ring fairly passive player.. I don't understand why you would give up the lead here when you are still ahead of his range and can get quite a lot of value on this street. Since you opted to check then I think you must call if he chooses to bet 95%+ of the time.

Anyway, good talking to you last night.